Saturday, February 26, 2022

War Film Concept: [No Name Yet]

 Determining Plot 

    When I had initially begun to think of War films and the subsequent stories, I immediately began to think of possible routes to go on given my limitations and possible filming locations. Visually, I grew Inspired by the likes of films like 1917 and Dunkirk, in which each film uses cool color hues as they follow the main characters from the very first shot. Intertwining this with cards that breaks the scene up, would allow for more visual exposition before kicking off the entire story post-credits.
    As A story, I WAS inspired by a specific section in the video game, Call of Duty Modern Warfare II's Story, in which the game depicts a full-scale invasion on U.S. soil. Given my plan to use the everglades as a set location (more info on upcoming post), I want to depict the environment as a battlefield on American Soil with the war being to the advantage of the invaders. I do also plan to use different sound motifs to establish the dominance of the opposing side of the war
    The film will follow a single character isolated in the everglades and nearby town, ravaged by warfare. Traversing through abandoned Posts and ghost towns, the character must figure out a means of survival and to get back to a unit, wherever he can find one. Within an environment against the main character, and a lack of supporting characters, the story becomes extremely isolating. The film opening will establish this from the very beginning as we follow an isolated soldier on a battlefield of his own home 

No name has been decided yet 

-LUIS III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defiled Nations Fall and The Lone Witness | Conclude and CCR

  Working on this project has helped and changed me in a lot of different ways. Whether it is my confidence to network or my technical skill...